GIP Event: Trip Reflections

My friends Rachel and Sophia at the Collesseum in Rome
This Monday evening, I had the pleasure of both participating in and observing presentations about the four GIP trips this past year. Reflecting on my trip to Italy gave me an opportunity to reconnect with the other students and teachers who were also on the trip and to again appreciate the wonderful experiences of the trip. I spoke on the connections I was able to make between my Latin education and the experiences I had in Italy, which I think was the core of our trip. I also enjoyed listening to my fellow trip members about the most impactful parts of the trip for them and being able to relive those moments.

The other three trips (Nicaragua, Iceland, and Argentina) each gave very interesting and engaging presentations. I have never been to Iceland or Argentina, so I really appreciated the videos those two groups made so I could really see what their trip was like. I actually went on the Nicaragua trip my sophomore year, so it was great to remember that experience through this year's group's presentation. They highlighted the ten Outreach360 values, and I was happy to be reminded of the impact they had on my trip to Nicaragua.

Overall, this was a successful event, and thank you to Alexa and Taylor for putting it together!

Comments

  1. One of the great pleasures for those how who traveled more than once on a GIP travel program is to hear about follow-up by a Poly group to a place you previously visited. So great to know you have helped plant a legacy of help and support in Nica. One of the most memorable tales of the Reflections' Night was your story about reading Cicero (original Latin texts in an amphitheater).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts